[gmx-developers] Regarding Amber topology and co-ordinate file

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Apr 21 19:57:24 CEST 2014

Please ask usage questions on the gmx-users mailing list.  The development list
is for coding and planning discussions; this post is not appropriate here.  I am
CC'ing this message over to gmx-users.  Please post anything further there.

On 4/21/14, 10:28 AM, MOHD HOMAIDUR RAHMAN wrote:
> Dear Gromacs User
>
> I have ILs system in small box that is running on Amber 12 MD package. Now I
> want to use Gromacs MD package for my bigger system (Large no of molecules with
> proteins) with the same parameter.
>
> So, it is possible to convert Amber topology format to gromacs topology format.
> I have also prep and frcmod file for that molecules. which is use in tleap to
> generate topology file and Co-ordinate file to direct use in Amber MD package.

There are various scripts floating around the web that do such conversions;
amb2gmx.pl comes to mind.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601