[gmx-developers] Energy analysis

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Apr 24 12:31:19 CEST 2014

Hi,

I would like to work on moving the energy analysis g_energy.c to C++ and
to make the code somewhat reusable. For some trajectory analysis tools
this would be handy as well (for instance if you want to extract the
temperature). Before I embark on a lot of coding some quick feedback
would be appreciated. My plan is to

- create directory energyanalysis with code with a simple class
interface for extracting information from .edr (and later on .tng) files

- include energy based analyses (now in g_energy) in the class

- make an energy.cpp tool with the command line interface part, but that
calls the underlying class.

Comments?
Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:	+46184714205.