[gmx-developers] [RFC] setting up dependency between GMX_OPENMP and TNG_USE_OPENMP

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 14:49:09 CET 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to fix issue #1432, but I realized that I know very little
about the gmxOptionUtilities cmake module, so I thought I'd ask for
comments and suggestions.

Here's what I need to do (ideally/if possible):
- The value of the TNG_USE_OPENMP cache variable should always have
the same value as GMX_OPENMP (even if the latter gets changed multiple
times) *unless*
- The user manually set a value for the TNG_USE_OPENMP variable.

I'm guessing I should use the gmx_dependent_option() macro, but I'm
not sure how. Tips would be appreciated!

Szilárd