[gmx-developers] remaining timeline for 5.0

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 09:40:21 CET 2014

Hi,

I've let this second deadline slip a bit - we did have a good merging party
last week and there are only a few things left to sort out. Of those things
that were either in gerrit in good shape in November, or affect core
GROMACS strategy significantly, I think only the Verlet-free-energy,
Verlet-LJPME, generic-SIMD and RNG-completion remain and they've been
largely approved. So, I will roll the release candidate on Wednesday. Other
stuff can get in, but they are a lower priority.

Looking forward, we will have a 4.6.6 shortly after that, declare
release-4-6 branch closed for practical purposes. I am currently thinking
of a 5.1 in May-June, e.g. beta May 1, rc June 1, release mid-June.

Mark