[gmx-developers] remaining timeline for 5.0

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 01:24:56 CET 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 9:40 AM, Mark Abraham <mark.j.abraham at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've let this second deadline slip a bit - we did have a good merging
> party last week and there are only a few things left to sort out. Of those
> things that were either in gerrit in good shape in November, or affect core
> GROMACS strategy significantly, I think only the Verlet-free-energy,
> Verlet-LJPME, generic-SIMD and RNG-completion remain and they've been
> largely approved. So, I will roll the release candidate on Wednesday. Other
> stuff can get in, but they are a lower priority.

Update. Stuff's pretty much in order; major changes are all in. Jenkins was
more our friend than foe, this time! :-) There's still some minor stuff to
sort out tomorrow; Szilard's still finalizing the GPU support for some of
the newest NxN features, there's a bunch of test cases that passed but have
not yet been added, and a few minor features & changes that need a trifle
more Jenkins/review/whatever. Thanks for all the hard work, everyone.

I'm on the road the next few days, but I'll check in and when we seem like
we're good, I'll roll the tarballs.

Mark