[gmx-developers] make docs-all successfully completes but generates no docs

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 19:38:39 CET 2014

Hi,

I've just ran into an annoying issue which I could not figure out. It
seems that no matter what I do, the make-ing the docs-all target
completes successfully, but the result is empty docs directories. Any
ideas what could be wrong?

Here are the steps to repro the issue, used current master, cmake
2.8.12.1 and doxygen 1.7.3.

$ cmake PATH_TO_SRC [...]

$ grep "DOXYGEN" CMakeCache.txt | grep -v "//"
DOXYGEN_DOT_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/dot
DOXYGEN_DOT_PATH:FILEPATH=/usr/bin
DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/doxygen
DOXYGEN_MSCGEN_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/mscgen
GMX_COMPACT_DOXYGEN:BOOL=OFF
DOXYGEN_DOT_EXECUTABLE-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1
DOXYGEN_DOT_PATH-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1
DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1
DOXYGEN_MSCGEN_EXECUTABLE-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1
GMX_COMPACT_DOXYGEN-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1

$ make doc-all
[100%] Generating version information for Doxygen
[100%] Built target doxygen-version
[100%] Generating library documentation with Doxygen
Running Doxygen...
[100%] Built target doc-lib
[100%] Generating public API documentation with Doxygen
Running Doxygen...
[100%] Built target doc-user
[100%] Generating full documentation with Doxygen
Running Doxygen...
[100%] Built target doc-full
[100%] Built target doc-all

$ ls doxygen/
CMakeFiles           Doxyfile-full     doxygen-full.log
doxygen_objdb_8882.tmp  html-user
cmake_install.cmake  Doxyfile-lib      doxygen-lib.log
doxygen-user.log        index.html
CTestTestfile.cmake  Doxyfile-user     doxygen_objdb_8858.tmp
html-full               Makefile
Doxyfile-common      Doxyfile-version  doxygen_objdb_8870.tmp
html-lib                RunDoxygen.cmake

$ ls doxygen/html-*
doxygen/html-full:

doxygen/html-lib:

doxygen/html-user: