[gmx-developers] Pre-GROMACS 5.0 ToDo list

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Thu Jun 19 11:43:48 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 5:21 AM, Rossen Apostolov <rossen at kth.se> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1) Is there a howto/guide about adding extra jenkins tests?

It is very simple. You edit the Jenkins job. It is good to test it first in
a trial job. I created one here:
http://jenkins.gromacs.org/job/Gromacs_Gerrit_5_0_trial/.

Are those the build configurations we want for 4.8&4.9? Or do we want more
or less for those? Do we want to remove some for the older compilers to not
increase the total number of configurations? See
http://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/1508 for more open questions. Adding the
configurations is trivial. We just need to decide what we want.

Roland

> 2) Redmine issues
>
> There are still several "high priority" bugs with a target version 5.0.
>
> The rest of the issues should have "Target version" set only if someone
> has committed to fixing it for that particular version, and thus, there
> needs to be "Assignee" set as well for those.
>
> Until recently, when an issue was filed, assignees were set
> automatically depending on the category of the issue. This is now disabled.
>
> So please remove yourself as an assignee if you don't plan to fix the
> bug, or if you plan to do it, please set the version accordingly.
>
> Cheers,
> Rossen
>

> On 18/06/14 17:55, Szilárd Páll wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have started creating a list of smaller tasks that need  or would
> > be good) to be accomplished before 5.0 is released. This is just a
> > plain list on the GROMACS redmine-wiki [1] mostly because for many of
> > these small-ish tasks a separate issue seemed to be an overkill.
> > However, if some of these turn out to require heavier lifting and
> > keeping record of this, discussion, or postponing, separate redmine
> > issues can easily be created.
> >

> > * We need help with clearing some of these so please pick up whatever
> > you can and add a [WIP YourName] tag to the respective item. In
> > particular, testing of platforms not tested by jenkins and core devs
> > is necessary.
> >
> > * Add items that you consider necessary (try to add them to the lowest
> > priority list).
> >
> > * If you don't have a dev account, just reply here.
> >
> > 1.
> http://redmine.gromacs.org/projects/gromacs/wiki/GROMACS_development_scratchpad
> >
> > Cheers,
> > --