[gmx-developers] Pre-GROMACS 5.0 ToDo list

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 21:18:13 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 11:43 AM, Roland Schulz <roland at utk.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 5:21 AM, Rossen Apostolov <rossen at kth.se> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> 1) Is there a howto/guide about adding extra jenkins tests?
>>
> It is very simple. You edit the Jenkins job. It is good to test it first
> in a trial job. I created one here:
> http://jenkins.gromacs.org/job/Gromacs_Gerrit_5_0_trial/.
>
> Are those the build configurations we want for 4.8&4.9? Or do we want more
> or less for those? Do we want to remove some for the older compilers to not
> increase the total number of configurations? See
> http://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/1508 for more open questions. Adding
> the configurations is trivial. We just need to decide what we want.

That config seems reasonable. A GPU config would make some sense, but I'm
not sure if there's a CUDA version that officially supports gcc past 4.7?

Is there value in a Sanitizers_and_analyzers build configuration? Since
they will often run more slowly, we might want to separate them so it is
easier to make sure they get executors before the general builds.

I've lately compiled clang-3.4 and gcc-4.7 for one or two new slaves (and
4.8 is underway for bs_nix64) which should give us some breathing room for
non-GPU job types away from the GPU slaves (1204, 1310). The current
Gerrit_Gromacs_5_0 config is using clang-3.4 label (and default GMX_SIMD)
to float those jobs as an experiment in load balancing.

Mark

Roland