[gmx-developers] Gerrit activity

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Sat Nov 1 06:35:36 CET 2014

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 12:17 AM, Teemu Murtola <teemu.murtola at gmail.com>
wrote:

>  Interesting graph. I assume that the number of changes is the number of
> new created changes.

yes

> It might also be interesting to to include the number of changes that were
> resolved (merged, abandoned, deleted), and possibly the average in-flight
> time (from initial upload to resolution) of a change. Not sure how easy the
> latter is to calculate from available data or to present in the same graph,
> but these could be useful to get an idea of what one can expect for new
> changes.

The average number of days it took from a change to be created until it was
merged:

select avg(m.WRITTEN_ON-c.CREATED_ON),month(m.WRITTEN_ON) as month,
year(m.WRITTEN_ON) as year from changes as c, change_messages as m where
c.CHANGE_ID=m.CHANGE_ID and c.STATUS='M' and m.message like 'Change has
been successfully%' group by month,year order by year,month;

 AVG(DATEDIFF('DAY', C.CREATED_ON, M.WRITTEN_ON)) | MONTH | YEAR
 -------------------------------------------------+-------+-----
 1                                                | 8     | 2011
 2                                                | 9     | 2011
 14                                               | 10    | 2011
 9                                                | 11    | 2011
 15                                               | 12    | 2011
 6                                                | 1     | 2012
 14                                               | 2     | 2012
 4                                                | 3     | 2012
 3                                                | 4     | 2012
 3                                                | 5     | 2012
 7                                                | 6     | 2012
 10                                               | 7     | 2012
 4                                                | 8     | 2012
 6                                                | 9     | 2012
 11                                               | 10    | 2012
 7                                                | 11    | 2012
 11                                               | 12    | 2012
 7                                                | 1     | 2013
 10                                               | 2     | 2013
 19                                               | 3     | 2013
 28                                               | 4     | 2013
 17                                               | 5     | 2013
 29                                               | 6     | 2013
 18                                               | 7     | 2013
 34                                               | 8     | 2013
 25                                               | 9     | 2013
 28                                               | 10    | 2013
 30                                               | 11    | 2013
 7                                                | 12    | 2013
 21                                               | 1     | 2014
 20                                               | 2     | 2014
 15                                               | 3     | 2014
 6                                                | 4     | 2014
 9                                                | 5     | 2014
 6                                                | 6     | 2014
 9                                                | 7     | 2014
 11                                               | 8     | 2014
 14                                               | 9     | 2014
 14                                               | 10    | 2014