[gmx-developers] Intermolecular parameters for graphene

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 09:23:22 CET 2014

Hi there,

Sorry, I do not have institutional access to this journal.
As a general comment, I am not at all doubting that there is work on the
subject of developing Morse-like, or any other popular potential forms. For
instance, the standard bond-order potential is also of the Morse type with
bond coordination terms. Of course,the work you mentioned could be used as
basis (additional to what I cited) for parameterizing the FFs already
implemented within GROMACS).

As far as I know, no bonding (intramolecular) interactions in GROMACS are
based on Morse-like expressions. As of right now, people who want to do
large-scale simulations of graphene or BN just go to LAMMPS, and those who
want to do biomolecular simulations involving those membranes within
GROMACS, are sort of out of luck. I am just generally hoping there's some
interest on your end in actually having something built-in. I am not really
here to promote my paper, I just like GROMACS. :)

Also, could someone rename the thread subject? I really meant
intramolecular (bonding) interactions.

Thanks,

Sasha