[gmx-developers] soft-core atom selection

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 01:59:20 CET 2014

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Our computer cluster was down for maintenance and I
just got access to the files, at least for now.

We do not specify sc-coul in our mdp files, which apparently means it is
set to its default value (sc-coul = no).

Our normal procedure is to first turn off charge interactions, then turn
off vdW interactions separately after-the-fact, and we have never needed
sc-coul with this procedure, so we have never used it. (Our protocol dates
to before this was added).

I'm guessing that this particular case, where there is a perturbed atom
with a charge but zero LJ parameters, is a special case where there is
"unexpected" behavior unless sc-coul is used?

I'll upload files shortly to Redmine.

Thanks.

--
David Mobley