[gmx-developers] reproducability of md sims

Berk Hess hess at kth.se
Sun Nov 30 13:29:07 CET 2014

Hi,

What I tried to say is that running on the same number of MPI ranks and OpenMP threads should, at least currently, give identical results, unless MPI_Allreduce does not have a defined summation order. Currently our OpenMP reduction order is defined. Indeed changing the rank or thread count does affect the results. We would need to use fixed precision reduction to avoid this.