[gmx-developers] lots of new SIMD code but very poor jenkins coverage!

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 15:11:45 CET 2015

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 3:01 PM, Erik Lindahl <erik.lindahl at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I would actually argue the SIMD implementations themselves are a whole lot
> less dangerous than other stuff since we've tested each of them manually on
> virtually all compiler/hardware combinations where they are likely be used.
> It's not like you'll have problems with BlueGene/Q SIMD in the Microsoft
> Visual Studio compilers.
>
> As people start to use the SIMD interface in other parts of the code it
> will be more important to test things so we properly check the properties
> of each implementation (for instance if unaligned loads are available), but
> right now I'm not particularly worried about it. As I'll be working on
> NBNXN kernels in january I expect to catch any problems there.
>

> Having said that: Of course it's fine to add more coverage, but that will
> require people to step up and volunteer to get it done, rather than hoping
> Mark will do everything ;-)

Unless I'm mistaken, in the current config it's still as simple as adding a
new line in the matrix for Gromacs_Gerrit_master-new-releng. However, I'd
prefer to not do this based on what I fancy but rather based on what we
agree is important.

Not sure how to add new configs for the post-submit tests. Do we have
jenkins project for that?

--
Szilárd