[gmx-developers] lots of new SIMD code but very poor jenkins coverage!

Teemu Murtola teemu.murtola at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 15:40:46 CET 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 4:11 PM Szilárd Páll <pall.szilard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unless I'm mistaken, in the current config it's still as simple as adding
> a new line in the matrix for Gromacs_Gerrit_master-new-releng. However, I'd
> prefer to not do this based on what I fancy but rather based on what we
> agree is important.

I'd strongly prefer that we instead start using the configuration in
admin/builds/pre-submit-matrix.txt. That also partially solves the problem
of agreeing on the things, since the configuration can be discussed in
Gerrit before applying any changes. Everything on this front seems to have
stopped after 5249 <https://gerrit.gromacs.org/5249> got merged, though; I
don't see why we shouldn't have switched to that a month ago.

Not sure how to add new configs for the post-submit tests. Do we have
> jenkins project for that?

There is no post-submit tests, since there is no useful content for them.
If people create a set of desired configurations in
admin/builds/post-submit-matrix.txt, I can easily create a config that
actually builds using it.

Teemu