[gmx-developers] Calling do_steep from within do_md integrator

Andrew AbiMansour anabiman at umail.iu.edu
Sat Feb 7 17:44:46 CET 2015

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the reply. I decided to just test my own simple SD
integrator. After calling do_force() I update the positions. Example:

int i = 0, dim = 3;
real sd_step_size = 0.01;

for(i = 0; i < mdatoms->nr; i++)
>                  for(d = 0; d < dim; d++) {
>                            state->x[i][d] += sd_step_size * f[i][d];

The code *works* , but the output doesnt make much sense. When I print the
force (f[i][d]), I get a lot of zeros. Am I doing this right? I'm afraid I
might not be accessing the forces (stored locally on each processor)
correctly. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

*Andrew Abi-Mansour*