[gmx-developers] Patch bonanza at gerrit. How to merge all that stuff?

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Jul 23 22:05:45 CEST 2015

Hi,

it seems like Erik and Teemu are working on a big C++ overhaul of many
low level and old code. This is great and long overdue. However, the
amount of patches is rather overwhelming, there are more than 100 open
patches from 2015 in gerrit right now, and many patches are related to
each other.

Is there a way that we can facilitate merging patches without
jeopardizing quality of the commits? For instance it is not trivial
where one should start commenting? How do we decide what goes into 5.1
and what doesn't or has that been decided already?

Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:	+46184714205.