[gmx-developers] Branches w/working OpenCL support

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 17:02:41 CEST 2015

Hi Mirco,

I got local access to a machine with two AMD GPUs, and ran into the same
initialization issues I'd seen with Nvidia runtimes, so I have updated
https://gerrit.gromacs.org/4314 so that in 5.1 GROMACS will never use more
than one OpenCL device per node. We can probably fix that in the longer
term, but it seems like issues of host-side concurrency are not treated in
the OpenCL standard (or at least the implementations we've targeted), and
we didn't do a good enough job of anticipating and managing that.

However, being able to use one AMD GPU per node is still a very good thing,
and confirmation that seems to work for you would be great!

Thanks,

Mark