[gmx-developers] Modifying the shifted part of the viral

Berk Hess hess at kth.se
Thu Jun 25 17:22:40 CEST 2015

But you didn't write which interactions you want to exclude exactly. You
write about groups, but that is incorrect, interactions contribute to
the virial, not atoms.
I assume you want to exclude the solid-solid interactions. That can be
done by setting all solid-solid interaction parameters to zero, assuming
there are no charges. If there are charges, you can use the old group
cutoff-scheme with energy group exclusions.
You write about solid-liquid interactions, but excluding those would not
result in a meaningful virial, I would think.

Berk