[gmx-developers] Branches w/working OpenCL support

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 00:40:16 CEST 2015

Hi all,

OpenCL is support is now merged into master branch, so we will see it in
the 5.1 release candidate (probably tomorrow). The latest version Mirco
tested had FastGen still accidentally disabled (sorry), but I was able to
get FastGen working properly with PME tuning, so that the per-run JIT
compilation is now a couple of seconds. That should make the OpenCL port
extremely usable in practice, and we probably don't need to buy any further
trouble with worrying about caching of JIT compilation (for now, anyway).

Mark