[gmx-developers] trjcat add an exception handler

Yunlong Liu yliu120 at jh.edu
Thu Jun 25 23:20:56 CEST 2015

Hi,

When I use trjcat to concatenate two trj files, I mistakenly put two
trajectory xtc files with different number of atoms as input. I use -n
output.ndx to let trjcat extract an intersect group of the two
trajectory. I surprisingly found that there is no exception poped up in
this situation and the program went directly to "seg fault".

I suggest to add an exception to handle this case, which is, to judge
whether all the "to-be-concatenated" trajectories must have same number
of atoms. If not, pop a verbose exception.

Best
Yunlong