[gmx-developers] release candidate for 5.1 imminent

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 20:36:39 CEST 2015

Hi,

An unexpected issue came up while running my automated tests of the RC
tarball. Some newly-merged fatal errors that try to stop people using mdrun
inefficiently sometimes cause the regressiontests to fail because they are
defaulting to using too many threads. See https://pastee.org/jgyae

We do have machinery in regressiontests to automatically re-try the test
with fewer threads/cores/whatever, but only in response to a set of known
mdrun error outputs, so we could add this particular error to that set.

But in this case, the note on line 43 suggests we should improve the code
leading to the fatal error so that we aren't subsequently double-crossing
ourselves. What do you think, Berk?

(This didn't come up in per-commit testing because we limit those to small
numbers of cores because there's normally multiple testing instances
running simultaneously on the same machine. We can probably do a better job
of this after 5.1, with a bunch of new hardware available.)

Mark