[gmx-developers] release candidate for 5.1 imminent

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 16:28:50 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'll ship release candidate for 5.1 today, once I've sorted out release
notes and put stuff on servers, etc.

The last possible behaviour changing patch for 5.1 is
https://gerrit.gromacs.org/4753, if someone's inspired to make it work
well. https://gerrit.gromacs.org/4272 is too late, even if someone's
inspired to split off part of it.

release-5-1 branch is active on git, gerrit and jenkins. Any remaining
bug-fix patches on master branch in gerrit may be cherry-picked to
release-5-1 branch (on gerrit or locally, as needed).

Business will proceed as usual in release-5-1 - such branches are open only
for all kinds of bug fixes, addition of docs, addition of tests, and in all
cases aimed at stability and correctness.

master branch is open for normal business, but people will probably be a
bit quiet there for a while ;-)

We are likely to issue a new 4.6.x some time soon, as we've had a number of
mdrun issues fixed. (There's one known bug outstanding to fix, hopefully
Michael has time real soon now.) Then release-4-6 branch will be
permanently closed. We cannot maintain three active release branches and a
development branch.

We'll do a 5.0.x soon also, then change the policy for release-5-0 to
"mdrun correctness bug fixes only" mode.

Thanks to all for the hard work!