[gmx-developers] Easy Access to MDrun Functions

Groenhof, Gerrit ggroenh at gwdg.de
Tue Aug 9 12:49:17 CEST 2016

Hi Marten,

Because it is not totally clear to me yet what you want to do, i am not sure if I can help.

I understand you want to do a QM simulation, using wave packet dynamcis? This would require more information on the (presumably QM/MM) potential energy surface than the on-the-fly forces?

Or is it an Ehrenfest approach, which requires you to apply the expectation value of the QM/MM forces on the MM atoms?

Or do you want to do Newtonian dynamics on a QM/MM potential energy surface, either on the-fly, or use a effective (averaged) MM environment

The latter would be the easiest, but I am not sure if that's what you're talking about.

BEst,

Gerrit