[gmx-developers] Ideologically biased quotes

Erik Lindahl erik.lindahl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 13:19:11 CET 2016

... and a couple of other things I've thought about, but not acted on yet:

1) Should we remove all non-English quotes (Maybe German/French is OK too)?
Gromacs has become a large and international project, and since I don't
think it would be very productive to add quotes in another ~20 small
languages, maybe we shouldn't have any Swedish ones either.

2)  Avoid jokes that depend too much on context (i.e., having been at the
talk) such as dropping a letter. While it might be fun to remember for the
few who were there, most other users probably won't understand why it's fun.

3) We have some historical quotes from rock music that I think we should
keep, but for new ones I'd suggest we hold them to the same standard as
other quotes - i.e., they should be related to
science/engineering/programming.

Cheers,

Erik