[gmx-developers] init_bonded_threading confusion

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Fri Feb 26 16:36:59 CET 2016

Hi,

I'm (deep)linking my code to gromacs (so could have forgotten some
initialization). Running on Apple with clang, so no OpenMP.

Therefore when in the mentioned routine we have:
     /* These thread local data structures are used for bondeds only */
     bt->nthreads = gmx_omp_nthreads_get(emntBonded);

it returns 0, not surprising, or is it?
Down the road in listed-forces.cpp we have

#pragma omp parallel for num_threads(bt->nthreads) schedule(static)
     for (thread = 0; thread < bt->nthreads; thread++)
     {
        // Compute all the bonded forces and energies

However, since the number of threads is zero, no bonded forces are
computed. Am I missing something that is going on under the hood?

Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:	+46184714205.