[gmx-developers] free energies on GPUs?

Berk Hess hess at kth.se
Wed Feb 22 10:10:28 CET 2017

Hi,

The perturbed pair interactions are running on the CPU, so the more of
the system you perturb, the more CPU limited you will be. Also when you
use PME, the PME load nearly doubles and that's all on the CPU.

But GPU utilization of 1-2% must be incorrect. That means 2-4% in the
non-FE runs, which is far too low.
What CPU vs GPU time per step gets reported at the end of the log file?

Cheers,

Berkj