[gmx-developers] gerrit submit on clean rebase without (re)verification

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 21:11:22 CET 2017

Hi,

Could we tweak the gerrit config to redo the pre-submit verification upon
clear rebase prior to submission? I understand that we chose to take the
moderate risk of ending up with broken verification (as clean rebase =/=>
+2 verify), but we should at least try to rerun the pre-submit tests and
post its results after the fact.

It would not eliminate false positive -2 Verifie's, but would at least help
avoiding confusion.

Concrete case (I think) which luckily did get caught in post-submit:
https://gerrit.gromacs.org/#/c/7174/
http://jenkins.gromacs.org/view/Post-submit/job/Gromacs_PostSubmit_master/334/

Szilárd