[gmx-developers] PhD student in physics looking for collaboration

Erik Lindahl erik.lindahl at gmail.com
Sun May 13 19:22:09 CEST 2018

Hi Anna,

Very welcome!

I'm not sure if you're aware, but several of us have backgrounds in
physics, and a large part of the GROMACS developers are actually based in
Stockholm & Uppsala ;-)

I just browsed through your PDF quickly, but there are probably three good
ways to proceed:

1) If you want to interact in person, you are always welcome to pop over
and talk to the people in my & Berk's lab at SciLifeLab in Stockholm, or
David van der Spoel's lab at BMC in Uppsala. We should definitely do this
at some point to get to know you better :-)

2) Every two weeks, we run a watercooler-like videoconference (Wed 5pm),
just as a way to chat about everything that anybody might be interested in.
My gut feeling is that your ideas would work very well as a topic for one
of those discussions (IIRC, our next meeting is May 23).

3) If you have concrete suggestions you would like to proceed with, you can
start an email thread about it here, but it often works best to create a
new "feature" or "task" issue at redmine.gromacs.org, describe an outline,
and invite people to provide comments there!

Cheers,

Erik

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 4:52 PM, Anna Sinelnikova <
anna.sinelnikova at physics.uu.se> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My name is Anna. I am a PhD student in physics at Uppsala University,
> working on polymers. I am interested in collaborating with Gromacs and am
> interested in coming in contact with you developers to discuss
> possibilities.
>
> I attach a link to pdf-file with more detailed information and would be
> very thankful for your feedback.
>
> https://github.com/Anny-Moon/letterToGromacs
>
> Best regards,
>
> Anna

> Support/Mailing_Lists/GMX-developers_List before posting!

Erik Lindahl <erik.lindahl at dbb.su.se>
Professor of Biophysics, Dept. Biochemistry & Biophysics, Stockholm
University
Science for Life Laboratory, Box 1031, 17121 Solna, Sweden