[gmx-developers] update on 2019 beta

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 18:59:47 CEST 2018

Hi devs,

Paul's just kicked off the Jenkins release pipeline, so we should have our
2019 first beta tarball in user's hands later this evening. Well done,
everybody.

A couple of things ran into some last-minute issues, so we'll roll another
beta pretty shortly that will be the real feature freeze. I propose
Wedesday October 24, as many of the core team are at the Gottingen GROMACS
developer workshops for the remainder of this week. So for the time being,
master branch is open, targeting the 2019 release in the way it has done
for the last few weeks. But it's likely there will not be reviewer
bandwidth for anything that we haven't been iterating on in the last week
or so.

Happy hacking!

Mark