[gmx-developers] Deadline for upcoming GROMACS 2020 beta

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 19:09:06 CEST 2019

Hi,

Having a deadline has served us well in that everybody has picked fairly
achievable targets and largely achieved them on time (or will with a few
lingering patches in Gerrit). However, integration of a few features hasn't
progressed as smoothly as we hoped. Now it's time for the deadline to serve
us differently, in making sure that we end up with code in the beta that's
correct, performant, usable, and maintainable, implemented by a happy
development team :-) So we plan to postpone the beta by a day or two next
week while we iron out some integrations.

Please feel free to upload fixes and things like docs improvements, but new
functionality not already in Gerrit isn't likely to catch any reviewers'
eyes ;-)

Have a good weekend!

Mark