[gmx-developers] Switching Infrastructure to Gitlab

Eric Irrgang ericirrgang at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 18:43:34 CEST 2020

I'm having a hard time finding any place that git.gromacs.org is mentioned, even on the old web site. It is possible that people have local repositories that were cloned when git.gromacs.org had more exposure, but I don't see where a deprecation notice would even be useful.

I think the bigger problem may be that it is hard to find _any_ link to a git repository, starting from, say, www.gromacs.org

I think if people could find a link to GitLab within one or two clicks of www.gromacs.org, that should be sufficient static documentation. A quick email about `git remote set-url origin https://gitlab.com/gromacs/gromacs.git` could be helpful.

Beyond that, any time spent helping git.gromacs.org users would probably be better spent helping www.gromacs.org users.