[gmx-developers] Reminder to fix final commit messages in Gitlab

Berk Hess hess at kth.se
Tue Oct 13 14:43:21 CEST 2020

Hi,

Their documentation on
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/merge_requests/squash_and_merge.html
still says:

The squashed commit’s commit message will be either:

  * Taken from the first multi-line commit message in the merge.
  * The merge request’s title if no multi-line commit message is found.

I noticed an option appearing now to change the commit message. That is
new so something has changed.

Cheers,

Berk