[gmx-developers] Please cancel outdated CI pipelines

Erik Lindahl erik.lindahl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 11:29:54 CEST 2020

This could indeed be important for jobs in general if they auto-detect the
hardware.

The way containerization work, you will always see that there's e.g. 96
hardware threads on the server, and it is quite possible to start 96
threads (or more) - but the cgroups mechanism in the Linux kernel will
limit the actual CPU usage to the limits set (e.g. 4, with our max allowed
value being 8 or 16, I think).  That could then lead to a job trying to run
96 threads, but only having resources equivalent to two physical cores (4
threads).

Cheers,

Erik