[gmx-developers] Unsquashed MR in master

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 11:46:44 CEST 2021

Hi,

On Wed, 6 Oct 2021 at 11:41, Szilárd Páll <pall.szilard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I agree with the decision, as there has been no vote (other than mine) for
> fixing the issue, it seems to be of no concern to the broader community, so
> we should move on.
>
> Is there any action that implicitly unchecks the "Squash commits" checkbox
> and that we can do something about in the gitlab configs?

Not that I know of. The config options let you choose the default status of
that checkbox. We changed it to default on, which works well for us except
that we would prefer it
do be on unless it is a merge commit. But last time I looked that was not
an option.

> Side-note: Mark, why do you think we could have not just force-pushed to
> master to rewrite the branch?

It's a protected branch in gitlab, so there's probably some more ceremony
required.