[gmx-developers] GROMACS Developer bi-weekly videoconference

Eric Irrgang ericirrgang at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 10:32:15 CET 2022

Hi Paul.

At and around the November meeting, the message seemed to be that issues should not be given release-targeted Milestones without having gone through some sort of planning process and receiving some assurance that the issue would be resolved on the indicated time frame (which implies reviewer availability as well as developer time).

Most of the bugs that were detected in the gmxapi beta phase have been addressed, but the remaining issue and merge request are in a separate "gmxapi 0.3" milestone, because I thought I wasn't allowed to add to the release-targeted milestone.

I may have misinterpreted, though, because many issues have been added and addressed under the release-targeted milestone since the November meeting.

I just wanted to let you know, after seeing Erik's response to this email from you.

If you want to move the last issue from https://gitlab.com/gromacs/gromacs/-/milestones/127#tab-issues to https://gitlab.com/gromacs/gromacs/-/milestones/111#tab-issues, I have no complaints. But I don't want to presume and do it myself.

Best,
Eric