[gmx-developers] gmx-developer mailing - update and future

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Sep 21 20:13:20 CEST 2022

On 9/21/22 1:58 PM, Benson Muite wrote:

>> - a reserve category under discourse emulating the mailing-list
>> setting, where only member can post, accessible via email and via the
>> web interface  (visible to everybody or only the members)
> LAMMPS (https://matsci.org/) and Kitware
> (https://discourse.kitware.com/) use discourse

I like the way the user forum is working under Discourse. I think it is
very easy to interact with it in a mailing-list style while also having
useful features like attachments, formatting for code snippets, etc.
Having a developer-only forum would be useful, in my opinion. It could
be visible to the rest of the community but perhaps permissions can be
set so that only verified developers can access it to post.

-Justin

>> - chat type channel
> Have used selfhosted Mattermost and Zulip. A number of communities
> also use Matrix.
>> - or other suggestions/ideas
> Maybe something could be developed here:
> https://bssw.io/blog_posts/applications-open-for-the-2023-bssw-fellowship-program
>
> funding restricted to US institutions
>>
>> Paul kindly agrees to present the topic on Wednesday. It will be good
>> to know what are the thoughts about this.
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Alessandra

Assistant Professor
Office: 106A Engel Hall