[gmx-users] problem with ./configure with mpi (on sgi)

Erik Lindahl erik at theophys.kth.se
Fri Aug 17 17:58:27 CEST 2001

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Ben Simons wrote:

> I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the configure
> script for mpi compilation. I'm doing this on an sgi IRIX 6.5.10.

[...]
> I added the "-lmpi" to the LDFLAGS in an attempt to link in the
> mpi lib for the test which is in the configure script.
> Here's what I see in the config.log

[...]
> any suggestions?  Is the configure script wrong? Do I need to
> set something else as well?

It looks like the irix compiler is a little picky about order
of flags, or perhaps it doesn't like to have -lmpi during the
compile stage.

In any case, I simply worked around it by temporarily adding the LDADD
flag to the LIBS variable when I try to link the MPI program. Don't
know why it's not added by default in autoconf, but now it should work.

I'll include it in a 3.0.1 revision in a couple of days, but I've put a
new version of the configure file at ftp://ftp.gromacs.org/pub/patches
in the meantime.
You might have to make it executable after downloading it!

Regards,

Erik

(I'm working on the GMXRC script to, should have that fixed in 1-2 hrs :-)

Erik Lindahl, PhD                                erik at theophys.kth.se
Dept. Biophysical Chemistry, Groningen University, THE NETHERLANDS
Phone: +31 50 3634335    Fax: +31 50 3634800
(You can also reach me as lindahl at chem.rug.nl and lindahl at gromacs.org)
Hi! I'm a mutated .sig virus! Put me in ~/.signature to multiply me!