[gmx-users] AMBER (parm96) force field

Filip Ryjacek filip.ryjacek at jh-inst.cas.cz
Mon Dec 3 16:42:01 CET 2001

Dear GROMACS users,
I wonder if anybody has ported Cornell et al. 1996 (parm96) force field to
GROMACS. In my opinion, reformating of parm96.dat to ff??.atp, ff??.bon.itp
and ff??nb.itp is easy, but residue databases ff??.rtp....it is different
question. I need residues for DNA canonical bases....can anybody help?
Bye,
Filip

P.S. I just started work on topology/coordinate convertor (AMBER --> GROMACS).
It will create GROMACS .top or .top and .itp files from AMBER .top files.
If you want to join, you are welcome. Programming language is plain C.