[gmx-users] Re:[gmx-users]compilation arror on SGI Octane2

Markus Metz Markus_Metz at excite.com
Fri Dec 7 17:03:03 CET 2001

Hello again,

I should add, that Fortran and C compilers are installed.

Thank you,

Markus,

Hi all,

I am trying to compile Gromacs 3.0 on an SGI Octane2 with the operating
system IRIX 6.5.12.
The installation of fftw libraries has been successful.
But when I am running ./configure to install Gromacs I get the following
error message:
checking for C compiler default output ... configure:error: C compiler
cannot create executables

I ran the following command:
setenv CPPFLAGS -I/usr/include
setenv LDFLAGS -L/usr/lib
./configure

/usr/include and /usr/lib are the directories where the fftw libraries are
located (I think this is not necessary to specify).

Did somebody encounter such a problem?
I tried to follow exactly the installation procedure.

Thank you ,

                     Markus.