[gmx-users] General questions II

Marc Baaden baaden at smplinux.de
Sat Dec 15 14:27:58 CET 2001

FIrst thanks for the answers !
(Especially David, whom I seem to keep busy with my questions .. :)) )

Forgot one:

- what are the largest timesteps people have used with Gromacs ?
  and in what conditions ?
  (eg maybe 5 fs when using constraint=bond-angles ???)

Less exciting, but still interesting:

- when you do a simulation in vacuo, Gromacs suggests to use
  nstcomm=-1, which makes sense. But if you have position
  restraints, you should not need this ?

- which of the  com-removal / posres / freeze / pcoupling
  options are incompatible and why ?
  (I think what I noticed is that freeze+pcoupl is a very bad idea ..)

  Marc

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden - Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, Oxford University
 mailto:baaden at smplinux.de  - ICQ# 11466242 -  http://www.marc-baaden.de