[gmx-users] [Fwd: gromacs compilation problems!]

Yiannis Nicolis nicolis at guideo.fr
Fri Nov 9 23:22:55 CET 2001

Hello,
I had about the same problems on a Silicon Graphics so I presume the
cause is the same.
The problem is that on Silicon the compilers (cc and f77) are
installed and respond when the configure script tries to identify
them, so they are identified as cc and f77.
But, the compilers are deactivated until you install your licences,
so when the compilers are incoked they respond they need a licence to
work.
If you have the licences you have to install them for the compilers
to work. If you don't have them (that was our case) you have to
install gcc and g77 and tell the configure script to use them instead
of cc and f77 (I don't remember exactly how, try ./configure -h to
see the options).
Hope that helps (it should if this is really a licence issue).
Yiannis
Dr. Ioannis Nicolis
Laboratoire de Biomathematiques et Informatique
Faculte de Pharmacie/ Universite Paris V
4, av. de l'Observatoire
75006 Paris
France