[gmx-users] problem configuring gromacs

Geraudis Mustelier gera at ict.cim.sld.cu
Fri Nov 30 16:48:23 CET 2001

I am treating to install gromacs 3.0.5 in PC machine (Pentium III 500MHz
SDRAM 256 MB) with linux Suse 7.0 (i386) installed. But, running the
./configure obtain the following errors:

checking whether as fully supports intel syntax... no
configure: error: Upgrade to a more recent binutils (or disable assembly
loops).

I have previously installed the package binutils from file
binutils-2.10.91.0.2.tar.gz that appear in gromacs home page, and appear
that all is ok. I use the standard installation procedure for binutils. So:
 ./configure => make => make install  (is that correct?)

 MSc. Geraudis Mustelier-Portuondo

 Center of Molecular Immunology
 Calle 216 esq. A 15, Atabey, Playa
 A. Postal 16040, Havana 11600, CUBA