[gmx-users] Problem with size of trr file in Gromacs3

Bert de Groot bgroot at gwdg.de
Thu Oct 25 14:29:28 CEST 2001

sgaray at fbcb.unl.edu.ar wrote:

> My name is Sergio Garay, and I'm working with Gromacs 3.0
> compiled in my PC (PIII, two hard disk 20 a 30 GB, 512 Mb ram
> memory, and Red Hat 7.1). When my trr file is around 2 GB, the
> run is stoped with the follow message:
> The max file size is riched (or something like that)
> I had not this problem with gromacs 2.0.
> The working directory has not quotas.
>
> Could you give some help?

Are you sure that it's connected with gromacs? It sounds more like the 2GB filesize
restriction that linux used to have. Upgrading to kernel 2.4 (including
util-linux and ext2fs) should fix this.

Bert

Dr. Bert de Groot

Theoretical molecular biophysics group
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen, Germany

tel: +49-551-2011306, fax: +49-551-2011089

email: bgroot at gwdg.de
http://www.mpibpc.gwdg.de/abteilungen/071/bgroot