[gmx-users] Problem with size of trr file in Gromacs3

K.A.Feenstra k.a.feenstra at chem.rug.nl
Thu Oct 25 14:31:50 CEST 2001

sgaray at fbcb.unl.edu.ar wrote:

> Hi
>
> My name is Sergio Garay, and I'm working with Gromacs 3.0
> compiled in my PC (PIII, two hard disk 20 a 30 GB, 512 Mb ram
> memory, and Red Hat 7.1). When my trr file is around 2 GB, the
> run is stoped with the follow message:
> The max file size is riched (or something like that)
> I had not this problem with gromacs 2.0.
> The working directory has not quotas.

This is the 32 bit file system that can't count beyond 2GB. Too bad.
Unless you can switch to 64 bit system (don't know if that exists yet
for Linux), there is no fix.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
|  _   _  ___,| Anton Feenstra        Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry|
| / \ / \'| | | anton at chem.rug.nl            University of Groningen|
|(   |   )| | | +31 50 363 4327      Nijenborgh 4  9747 AG Groningen|
| \_/ \_/ | | | http://md.chem.rug.nl/~anton         The Netherlands|
|             | "God is a DJ" (Faithless)                           |