[gmx-users] g_energy floating exception

Sergio Oyama Junior oyama at lnls.br
Tue Apr 23 02:42:34 CEST 2002

Hi Erik,

I apologize for the delay of my reply. I have been doing some tests and
noticed some interesting aspects of this problem. Unfortunately, the
compilation with the "-g" flags didn't result in a functional binary in my
system. However, I have observed that the occurrence of this floating
exception depends on the energy file size. The amazing point is that
g_energy from v3.1.3 does work with very short or very large files. For
example, with a file generated by 5 steps of minimization (just as a test)
the program works. Also, it does work well with energy files resulting from
simulations of 1 ns or higher. The exception occurs with calculations are
done in the time range of 100 to 800 ps, as far as I have tested. Isn't it
strange?

There's another question I would like to address you. I'm having another
kind of problem with g_disre. This program results in core dumped regardless
the  size of the trajectory. Do you know what could be the problem?

Thank you for your attention!

Sergio