[gmx-users] g_energy floating exception

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 19 02:34:49 CEST 2002

Hi,

I've compiled g_energy under Tru64 5.1 using Compaq C, both version
6.4-009 and version V6.4-014. (system driver V6.4-008 and V6.4-215,
respectively.), but I can't repeat the crash - everything works
perfectly with the file Sergio sent me.

Sergio, could you try to compile without any optimization and see if the
problem persists?

I.e., set:

CFLAGS="-g"
LDFLAGS="-g"  (or just "" if it complains about -g - but set it to
something!)

And Lynne, do I understand you right that the g_energy binary that
worked on Bert's system didn't work on yours? (you basically got fp
error on anything you tried?) Do you know if it was statically or
dynamically linked (check the approximate size of the file if you don't
know)?

Cheers,

Erik