[gmx-users] gmx3.1.4 on OSX

Choon Peng cpchng at bii.a-star.edu.sg
Thu Aug 1 04:35:42 CEST 2002

Hi Valentin,

  I've just successful ran Gromacs on our iMac G4 800MHz with OSX 10.1.5.
Compiled FFTw with "--host=powerpc --enable-float"
and Gromacs 3.1.4 with "--disable-shared --without-x".
I used the default cc (GCC 2.96) for both codes. Have to use /bin/bash to
configure Gromacs.
When you run grompp, have to modify /lib/cpp (for Linux) to simply
/usr/bin/cpp.
Ran villin benchmark which gave 2150 ps/day (< reported on Gromacs
website).

Give "-disable-shared" a try.
Hope this is useful.

regards,
Choon-Peng CHNG
Scientific Programmer
BioInformatics Institute (BII)
21, Heng Mui Keng Terrace, Rm 03-53, Singapore 119613
Tel (O): (65) 68746173
Fax (O): (65) 67781250
www.bii.a-star.edu.sg/~cpchng