[gmx-users] mdrun_d and grompp_d

Choon Peng cpchng at bii.a-star.edu.sg
Thu Dec 5 03:52:22 CET 2002

Hi Tanos,

  You simply have to recompile your FFTw and Gromacs with the option
"--disable-float" and new grompp/mdrun will be greated with suffix _d to
indicate that they are for double precision calculations.
Do a "make distclean" before recompilation/installation.
However, there's a speed penalty with the increased precision.

regards,
Mr. Choon-Peng CHNG
Scientific Programmer
BioInformatics Institute (BII), A*STAR
21, Heng Mui Keng Terrace, Rm 03-53, Singapore 119613
Tel (O): (65) 68746173 Fax (O): (65) 67781250
www.bii.a-star.edu.sg/~cpchng