[gmx-users] Problem about OPLS Fourier dihedraltypes vs Ryckaert-Bellemans

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Wed Dec 25 15:25:59 CET 2002

Hi,

I'm in Europe right now, but all the files in question are on my other
portable computer, so I can't check it in detail until I get back to
the US
in January.

In general, though:

The aliphatic carbon parameters were updated during 1999/2000 by Bill
Jorgensen,
and some additional parameters have been updated later by Kaminiski &
Friesner.
These are included in the Gromacs version, but if your opls-aa file is
older that might
explain the discrepancy.

I also recall that there was a factor two difference in the definition
somewhere, but
I can't remember whether that was Amber/OPLS or if it was the improper
dihedrals...

Cheers,

Erik