[gmx-users] GROMACS on Mac OS X

Donald E. Elmore elmore at its.caltech.edu
Mon Feb 4 06:44:15 CET 2002

Hi all--

Our research group is planning on purchasing a new workstation, and were
considering one of the new dual processor Mac G4 machines.  I remember
people discussing running GROMACS under Mac OS X awhile ago, and I
wondered what kinds of experiences they have had with that.  Have there
been any problems with compiling or special considerations/changes people have
needed to make?  And has anyone done any benchmarks with GROMACS on that
platform?  We are also thinking about just going with another
Pentium/Linux system like we presently use with GROMACS--any opinions on
this?

Thanks for your help!

-Don Elmore